Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gall Bladder as Red Herring

It turns out my mother's gall bladder was not her main problem. She is back in the hospital after her two daughters basically accused her of latching onto her pain medication and milking it like Amy Winehouse at a house party in Brixton.

Turns out she probably has pancreatitis, which is very painful and really has no easy cure, other than her ass kicking pain pills. Yay daughters of mercy!!! I feel just a tad guilty about trying to wean her off the pills and telling her to man up (not literally, but you know what I mean... "Are you sure you want another shot of morphine, mom? How about an ibuprofin tablet instead?)


So I am back down south to do the daughterly sit by the bedside thing for a while tomorrow.

Will try and post from the hospital. Every time I drive the 2 hours there, I think of what I want to write about it but it all fades away when I get in front of the laptop. Maybe Vista is really a soul sucking idea sucking thought leach???

more later

s

No comments:

Post a Comment