Friday, August 21, 2009

Blogher is going to the Big Apple

I have never been to Blogher. I read a lot of blogs by some amazing people that do go and they write posts all about the Sparkles and Love and Girl Power and Unicorns!!! I would love to be able to write half as well as these fly ladies. Just to be able to comment with a clever quip is usually beyond me. I truly don't know if I have what it takes to write well enough for someone else to want to read what I have to say. But practice makes perfect right? My husband says that to me at opportune moments in the Booooodwaaaar but boy am I digressing now.

What I DO know, though, is NEW YORK CITY Baby! I lived and worked and partied like it was 1999 for almost all of my twenties and most of my thirties. I was in fact in freaking Times Square for the Millenium. It does not matter that I was cold and bored and my feet hurt and we ran home and passed out right afterwards because we were exhausted from standing around in our New York Police Department Pen for 8 hours. That is a blog for another day.

In 2004 I married my English studmuffin and hopped across the pond for a while. I was a jetsetter! I wore Prada and "took" meetings in London and New York!!! I rocked the London fundraising world. For about 5 minutes. Then I went home to the deep south for a family visit and something strange happened. I am still not sure but I think my mother may have put something in my vinegar based bbq sauce or sprinkled it on the deep fried turkey but I LOST MY MIND and my husband LOST HIS MIND and joined me on our great Southern Adventure!

So under the influence of some drug or another, we moved to the middle of nowhere in South Carolina and then my husband went to work for his Father-In-Law. Basically this has not been Unicorns and Rainbows and Sunshine. Although it is mother-effing HOT here all the time. He's English, he loves the heat! I grew up here so the Heat for me - Not So Much. I miss New York Winters and London Fog.

I will say that many good things did come from our trek and we know we can survive one of the top marriage deal breakers - the overseas move. I would be the perfect tour guide for New York. Maybe next year I will take the plunge and give Blogher a shot. In the meantime, I will practice my pithy comments.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to do Blogher, it sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Jasmine! I would totally be the wallflower in the room with the cool girls, though. Love your blog design btw.

    ReplyDelete